Brinker's Boredom Busters
Looking for things to do while you’re at home? Let us help! We’ve curated a list of fun things for you and your family to check out this week at home!
Jewelry Maintenance Tips
Bleach and similar harsh chemicals can damage your gold jewelry and leave black tarnish around the solder points. Be sure to remove your jewelry before doing your spring cleaning, and store them away properly to prevent chemical exposure! Read our full jewelry maintenance blog here.
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups sugar
1 ¼ cups vegetable oil
2 cups coarsely grated carrots
8 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
½ cup chopped nuts
½-3/4 cup shredded coconut (if desired)
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat sugar, oil, and eggs together in a bowl with an electric mixer; mix well. Combine dry ingredients with sugar mixture. Stir in 2 cups coarsely grated carrots, crushed pineapple (drained) and chopped nuts. Bake at 350 for 15-22 minutes. Cool on wire racks and frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
½ cup butter
8 oz package cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound powdered sugar
Thin with cream or milk.
Mix well with an electric mixer.
Yield: approximately 24 cupcakes
Instructions originally found at: https://onelittleproject.com/pipe-cleaner-flower-rings/
What You Need:
4 foot-long pipe cleaners (one in green and three of the same color)
How to make them:
- Take the pipe cleaners of the same color and twist them together in the middle 3-5 times.
- Wrap the twisted part around your finger to form the loop, making sure that the ends are even. Then, twist them together 2-3 times at the top of your finger.
- Remove the loop from your finger and separate the pipe cleaners evenly.
- Hold the end of one of the pipe cleaners and roll it tightly into a spiral towards the center. Repeat this process until all of them are in spirals.
- Flip the ring over. Wrap the middle of the pipe cleaner around the base of the flower, making sure that both ends are even. Twist it together to keep it in place.
- Roll each of the green pipe cleaners towards the center to create the leaves. Gently pinch the top to make them leaf-shaped.
Personal Shopping Experience
You've never shopped online like this before! Try out our online shopping service today to work with an on-site jewelry professional.